Nikki Parkinson is a former journalist-turned blogger, author and now fashion designer who is considered to be one of Australia’s pioneering professional bloggers and online fashion retailers.
Nikki founded a fashion blog called StylingYou.com.au, which has become a leading voice for fashion, a clothes store for real women and a Queensland micro business Telstra Business Award winner. The site has a readership of more than 100,000 per month and attracts sponsorship from national brands such as FRANKiE4 Footwear, Allianz travel insurance, Priceline and Dermalogica.
Here are some stats about the community Nikki has built that is sure to inspire envy for any budding digital marketer/blogger..
- Styling You currently has 50,072 sessions (visits) and 37,306 users (unique visits) to its site every month. The total number of page views is 71,181 pages. (Google Analytics, average monthly statistics from December 2018 – May 2019)
- Styling You’s email subscriber database is 23K
- Styling You currently has 12.7K followers on Twitter
- Styling You currently has 67.2K “likers” on Facebook
- Styling You currently has 59.2K followers on Instagram
- Styling You currently has 14.5K followers on Pinterest
- Styling You hosts a closed Facebook community of 8.1K highly engaged women discussing fashion and style
Most recently, Nikki launched her own fashion label, Styling You The Label, offering trans-seasonal everyday wardrobe and travel basics that take the stress out of the what-to-wear or what-to-pack question.
Started in 2008, the Styling You website now has more readers than any of Australia’s monthly fashion magazines. Its readers are highly engaged and motivated to buy products featured on Styling You. In a 2015 survey 74% said they had bought something that Nikki had recommended.
Nikki also released her first book and has been in demand for appearances on national TV and radio and in print media since Unlock Your Style was released.
At DMDU Connect 2019, we’ve asked Nikki to share with you her recipe for success and specifically her advice around influencing and instagram.
From knowing how much to pay for exposure in the early days, to how much and when you can start charging is a burning question many aspiring digital marketers have.
Nikki can help you navigate the tricky waters of collaborating vs pay for click, leverage your paid posts, building your Instagram profile and the value of an audience.
To find out more about Nikki’s background and what she’ll speak about at DMDU checkout our recent webinar and don’t forget to book your ticket to come see her live at the DMDU conference, August 23 &24th on the Gold Coast.